Mello FM News
- Meeting Today Over Interdicted Doctor Who Colleagues Say must Be Reinstated
- Ministry Of Health Urges Destruction Of Mosquito Breeding Sites Following Rains That Could Increase Mosquitoes
- Delta Airlines Engineers In Jamaica Following Fire Detected On Aircraft In Mobay Yestrday
- St James Council Getting Read To Launch Clean As A Whistle Campaign
- National PTA Wants St Hilda’s Head Girl Re-Instated
- Tenth Grade Student In Custody For Murder Of School Mate To Be Questioned Today
- Three to face Santa Cruz court on gun charges today
- Nwc Says It’s Continuing Talks With Unions To Reach Amicable Settlement With Staff
- Work Continuing On East Bound Lane Of Mandela Highway Damaged During Weekend Rain
- Taxi Operator Shot And Wounded During Robbery At Home In Hanover
- Prime Minister Congratulates Adam Stewart Named Caribbean Hotelier Of The Year
- Focus On Parliament This Afternoon As Details Expected On Prison Proposal
- St Ann Cops Investigate Mysterious Death Of 25 Year Old Man
- St Mary’s Most Wanted Remanded After Court Told He Had Absconded Bail On Murder Charge
- Damion Crawford Is The Fourth, First- Time MP To Fall In PNP Selection Process
Featured Sport News
- Jamaican bobsledders without equipment in Russia
- NETBALL aficionado Molly Rhone was obviously surprised
- Unbeaten sixth-wicket partnership between Brendon McCullum and Luke Ronchi
- US seals Semifinal place in the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championship
- Guatemala and Jamaica launched the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Championship yesterday
- Second leg of the KSAFA/Yellow Pages Jackie Bell knock-out quarter-final
- CONCACAF Women's Under-20 Championship
- Opening day of the Under-19 World Cup
- Final ODI between the West Indies and New Zealand
- West Indies will strive to take the lead in the 5 match ODI series
MAN SHOT AND KILLED IN LINSTEAD BREAK-IN
- Categorized in: Mello FM News
One man was shot and killed by the police in Linstead, St Catherine last night after he and several others allegedly attempted to break into a business place.
His identity has not yet been released.
The Independent Commission of Investigation (INDECOM) has launched a probe into the killing.
It is reported that shortly after 9 o'clock the Linstead Police got reports that men were breaking into the business place.
The police claim that upon arrival at the scene, a group of men engaged them in a shootout.
During the reported exchange of gunfire, the police say one of the men was killed and the others escaped in the area.
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this news item to a friend: