Mello FM News
- Cabinet approves changes to ganja law
- Local government bill tabled
- Health Minister appeals to members of diplomatic community for assistance
- NSWMA to help reduce spread of Chikungunya virus
- Major crimes down in St. Ann
- Electricity Sector Enterprise Team has setback in energy cost reduction
- No date announcement for electricity increase
- Fatal shooting in St. Thomas
- Chikungunya cases expected to increase
- Sidewalk car mart operators to face consequences
- Local disc jockey receives date change for trial
- Jamaican man suspected of killing former boss
- Forensic results links man to 2012 rape
- Special strategies to tackle increase in Chikungunya
- Parish councils to receive millions to spend on projects
Featured Sport News
- Jamaican bobsledders without equipment in Russia
- NETBALL aficionado Molly Rhone was obviously surprised
- Unbeaten sixth-wicket partnership between Brendon McCullum and Luke Ronchi
- US seals Semifinal place in the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championship
- Guatemala and Jamaica launched the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Championship yesterday
- Second leg of the KSAFA/Yellow Pages Jackie Bell knock-out quarter-final
- CONCACAF Women's Under-20 Championship
- Opening day of the Under-19 World Cup
- Final ODI between the West Indies and New Zealand
- West Indies will strive to take the lead in the 5 match ODI series
MAN SHOT AND KILLED IN LINSTEAD BREAK-IN
- Categorized in: Mello FM News
One man was shot and killed by the police in Linstead, St Catherine last night after he and several others allegedly attempted to break into a business place.
His identity has not yet been released.
The Independent Commission of Investigation (INDECOM) has launched a probe into the killing.
It is reported that shortly after 9 o'clock the Linstead Police got reports that men were breaking into the business place.
The police claim that upon arrival at the scene, a group of men engaged them in a shootout.
During the reported exchange of gunfire, the police say one of the men was killed and the others escaped in the area.
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this news item to a friend: