Mello FM News
- SAVANNA LA MAR HEALTH CENTRE EXTENDS OPENING HOURS IN AN EFFORT TO IMPROVE SERVICE
- MINISTER OF CULTURE DESCRIBES THE NEW TOSH MUSEUM AS ONE OF KINGSTON’S MOST IMPORTANT MUSIC HERITAGE SITES
- MINISTER OF TOURISM RESPONDS TO CLAIMS OF A LACK OF DEVELOPMENT IN OCHO RIOS
- POLICEMAN IS LEFT TO RECOVER FROM GUNSHOT WOUND AFTER BEING SHOT IN ST. ANN
- A SECOND VICTIM SUCCUMBS TO INJURIES RECEIVED FROM THE JACQUES AVENUE FIRE
- MAIN SUSPECT IN THE MARCH PEN MASSACRE CHARGED WITH FIVE COUNTS OF MURDER
- ANANDA ALERT ACTIVATED FOR A 16 YEAR OLD RESIDENT OF TAVERN WHO HAS BEEN MISSING SINCE LAST FRIDAY
- NATIONAL WORKS AGENCY CLOSES A SECTION OF MARCUS GARVEY DRIVE FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS
- THE TWO JAMAICANS ARRESTED ON MURDER SUSPICIONS IN CALIFORNIA HAVE BEEN RELEASED WITHOUT ANY CHARGES LAID AGAINST THEM
- ST. ELIZABETH POLICE CONFIRM THE DEATH OF ONE OF THE PARISH’S MOST WANTED MEN
- THE MAIN SUSPECT IN THE MARCH PEN MURDERS HAS BEEN ASSIGNED LEGAL AID AND WILL BE QUESTIONED TODAY
- USAIN BOLT GEARS UP TO RELEASE DOCUMENTARY TITLED, ‘I AM BOLT’
- COMPENSATION SOON TO COME FOR THOSE AFFECTED BY THE SECURITY FORCES IN THE TIVOLI INCURSION
- OPPOSITION SPOKESPERSON, DR. MORAIS GUY APPROVES OF THE PROVISIONS IN THE NEW ROAD TRAFFIC ACT
- PRIME MINISTER ANDREW HOLNESS WILL BE THE GUEST SPEAKER AT TONIGHT’S OPENING OF THE PETER TOSH MUSEUM
Featured Sport News
- Jamaican bobsledders without equipment in Russia
- NETBALL aficionado Molly Rhone was obviously surprised
- Unbeaten sixth-wicket partnership between Brendon McCullum and Luke Ronchi
- US seals Semifinal place in the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championship
- Guatemala and Jamaica launched the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Championship yesterday
- Second leg of the KSAFA/Yellow Pages Jackie Bell knock-out quarter-final
- CONCACAF Women's Under-20 Championship
- Opening day of the Under-19 World Cup
- Final ODI between the West Indies and New Zealand
- West Indies will strive to take the lead in the 5 match ODI series
MAN SHOT AND KILLED IN LINSTEAD BREAK-IN
- Categorized in: Mello FM News
One man was shot and killed by the police in Linstead, St Catherine last night after he and several others allegedly attempted to break into a business place.
His identity has not yet been released.
The Independent Commission of Investigation (INDECOM) has launched a probe into the killing.
It is reported that shortly after 9 o'clock the Linstead Police got reports that men were breaking into the business place.
The police claim that upon arrival at the scene, a group of men engaged them in a shootout.
During the reported exchange of gunfire, the police say one of the men was killed and the others escaped in the area.
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this news item to a friend: