Mello FM News
- It is expected that a new Commissioner of Police will be appointed during the month of September
- JBDC offers technical support services for the continued development of the micro, small and medium enterprise MSME sector
- Peter Bunting, is reporting a significant drop in serious and violent crimes
- Sharon Ffolkes Abrahams, has urged entrepreneurs to utilise the services and assistance that the Government has made available
- Parliament passes act to validate actions of portmore acting mayor and council
- Minister of Health, Dr Fenton Ferguson, says that there has been a decline in exclusive breastfeeding at six weeks of age
- Department of Corrections not rehabilitating inmates
- Number of school books reduced this academic year
- The Ministry of Local Government and Community Development is looking to increase the pool of funds available for disaster response. Portfolio Minister, Noel Arscott, said he will be making representation to the Ministry of Finance and Planning with the v
- Miss Jamaica Festival Queen on Saturday, July 19
- Damaged perimeter fence at the Hopewell High School, in Hanover, will be done ahead of the new academic year
- The Economic Programme Oversight Committee expressed improved confidence in the outlook for the Jamaican economy.
- A man was killed in a road accident along the Watson Taylor main road in Lucea, Hanover
- The Government has issued a formal notice to Russian aluminium company, UC Rusal, of its intention to revoke the special mining rights for its ALPART and Kirkvine refineries.
- The Government will be implementing a 30 million dollar drought mitigation project for farmers across the island next week
Featured Sport News
- Jamaican bobsledders without equipment in Russia
- NETBALL aficionado Molly Rhone was obviously surprised
- Unbeaten sixth-wicket partnership between Brendon McCullum and Luke Ronchi
- US seals Semifinal place in the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championship
- Guatemala and Jamaica launched the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Championship yesterday
- Second leg of the KSAFA/Yellow Pages Jackie Bell knock-out quarter-final
- CONCACAF Women's Under-20 Championship
- Opening day of the Under-19 World Cup
- Final ODI between the West Indies and New Zealand
- West Indies will strive to take the lead in the 5 match ODI series
MAN SHOT AND KILLED IN LINSTEAD BREAK-IN
- Categorized in: Mello FM News
One man was shot and killed by the police in Linstead, St Catherine last night after he and several others allegedly attempted to break into a business place.
His identity has not yet been released.
The Independent Commission of Investigation (INDECOM) has launched a probe into the killing.
It is reported that shortly after 9 o'clock the Linstead Police got reports that men were breaking into the business place.
The police claim that upon arrival at the scene, a group of men engaged them in a shootout.
During the reported exchange of gunfire, the police say one of the men was killed and the others escaped in the area.
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this news item to a friend: