Mello FM News
- NATIONAL INTEGRITY ACTION DISAGREES WITH PRIME MINISTER HOLNESS’ DECISION TO ISSUE A TELECOMMUNICATIONS LICENSE TO SYMBIOTE
- STEPHEN CAUSEWELL TO BE SENTENCED TODAY FOR MURDER OF GIRLFRIEND IN 2008
- SHELTER MANAGERS PLACED ON HIGH ALERT DUE TO IMPENDING THREAT
- CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER ADVISES PERSONS WITH HEALTH CONDITIONS TO SECURE MEDICATION
- PETROJAM ENSURES PUBLIC THAT FUEL WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR COMING DAYS
- HURRICANE MATTHEW UPGRADES TO A MAJOR CATEGORY THREE
- JAMAICA GAS RETAILERS ASSOCIATION DECIDES NOT TO STRIKE AFTER MEETING WITH ENERGY MINISTER
- LICENSED FIREARM HOLDER SHOOTS MAN IN THE CONSTANT SPRING ARCADE
- THIRD ESCAPEE FROM THE DENHAM TOWN POLICE STATION RECAPTURED
- THE NEXT PHASE OF THE NATIONAL CLEANUP IS CANCELLED DUE TO POSSIBLE HURRICANE THREAT
- AS OPERATIONS CONTINUE IN ST. JAMES CONSTABULARY FORCE INFORM CITIZENS OF THEIR RIGHTS
- TROPICAL STORM MATTHEW LEAVES A TEENAGER DEAD AND SEVERAL INJURED IN ST VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES
- Transport Authority To Probe Fare Increase Complaints
- WARD RIVER BRIDGE IN ST. THOMAS TO BE DEMOLISHED THIS WEEK
- THE JAMAICA BETTING GAMING AND LOTTERIES COMMISSION JOINS FORCES WITH CRIME STOP TO CONTROL ILLEGAL GAMBLING
Featured Sport News
- Jamaican bobsledders without equipment in Russia
- NETBALL aficionado Molly Rhone was obviously surprised
- Unbeaten sixth-wicket partnership between Brendon McCullum and Luke Ronchi
- US seals Semifinal place in the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championship
- Guatemala and Jamaica launched the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Championship yesterday
- Second leg of the KSAFA/Yellow Pages Jackie Bell knock-out quarter-final
- CONCACAF Women's Under-20 Championship
- Opening day of the Under-19 World Cup
- Final ODI between the West Indies and New Zealand
- West Indies will strive to take the lead in the 5 match ODI series
MAN SHOT AND KILLED IN LINSTEAD BREAK-IN
- Categorized in: Mello FM News
One man was shot and killed by the police in Linstead, St Catherine last night after he and several others allegedly attempted to break into a business place.
His identity has not yet been released.
The Independent Commission of Investigation (INDECOM) has launched a probe into the killing.
It is reported that shortly after 9 o'clock the Linstead Police got reports that men were breaking into the business place.
The police claim that upon arrival at the scene, a group of men engaged them in a shootout.
During the reported exchange of gunfire, the police say one of the men was killed and the others escaped in the area.
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this news item to a friend: