Featured Sport News
- Jamaican bobsledders without equipment in Russia
- NETBALL aficionado Molly Rhone was obviously surprised
- Unbeaten sixth-wicket partnership between Brendon McCullum and Luke Ronchi
- US seals Semifinal place in the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Under-20 Championship
- Guatemala and Jamaica launched the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Championship yesterday
- Second leg of the KSAFA/Yellow Pages Jackie Bell knock-out quarter-final
- CONCACAF Women's Under-20 Championship
- Opening day of the Under-19 World Cup
- Final ODI between the West Indies and New Zealand
- West Indies will strive to take the lead in the 5 match ODI series
Chris Gayle turns down Somerset deal
- Categorized in: Mello FM News
West Indies batsman Chris Gayle has turned down a 20/20 contract with Somerset, to make himself available for the West Indies tour of England next month.
The former West Indies captain issued a statement through the West Indies Players Association yesterday to say he had formally informed the English County he would not be available to play.
Gayle is currently finishing up his contractual obligations to Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise Royal Challengers Bangalore
The IPL finishes May 28 while the limited overs series in England bowls off June 16-24, and includes three One-Day Internationals and one 20/20 International.